20 min + overnight freezing
- Whisk egg yolks, sugar and spices in a large bowl with an electric mixer for 5 minutes or until pale yellow in colour. Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (don’t let the bowl touch the water), add marsala and wine and whisk continuously for 10 minutes or until the mixture becomes foamy and doubles in size. A hand electric mixer makes this easier. Remove from heat and whisk until cool.
- Lightly fold together cooled zabaglione and whipped cream. Pour into either a pudding mould or bowl, or a lined springform cake tin, cover and freeze, stirring occasionally so that it freezes evenly. If desired, cut in chunks and beat with an electric mixer until creamy. Return to the freezer for four hours or until set.
- For the raspberry coulis: combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Process until smooth. Strain and chill until required.
- To serve: unmould semi-freddo and put on a chilled plate. Drizzle top with raspberry coulis, finish with berries and flaked almonds. Serve immediately.
- Remove loaf to cool slightly, then turn out, cut into slices and serve with basil mayo and salad, if desired.
Lyndey's Note: Freeze left over egg whites in ice cube containers, one in each hold. When frozen put in freezer bag. They whip up wonderfully when deerosted.