200g eggs (approx 3-4)
1 pinch pink salt flakes
200g plain flour
75ml iced water
40g butter or more as needed
100ml creme fraiche, mixed with
2-3 tsp Dijon seeded mustard
70g thinly sliced Swiss cheese
50g shaved ham slices
A few broccoli florets, blanched
100ml creme fraiche, mixed with a tsp of vanilla bean paste
250g mixed berries of choice
1 tsp vanilla bean extract
Splash of champagne
Additional icing sugar to finish
1. Place all ingredients except iced water and butter into a food processor and blend on a high speed. Allow to rest while you preheat the oven.
2. Place a cast iron frying pan with a dollop of butter into the oven and preheat to 220°C fan forced.
3. When the pan and oven are heated, add the iced water to the batter and blend until well mixed.
4. Working as quickly as possible, to preserve the heat of the oven and pan, pour enough batter into the frying pan to cover the base completely. Return to the oven for 15 minutes until puffed and golden.
5. If cooking savoury Dutch Baby, remove the pancake, add a few tablespoons of the creme fraiche mixture, top with ham, cheese and broccoli, drizzle with a little more of the creme fraiche and return to the oven for around 5 minutes until golden and cheese has melted. Serve immediately.
6. If cooking the sweet Dutch Baby, check that the base of the pancake is cooked in the middle, return to oven if cooking still required, then serve hot with the creme fraiche spread across the base, then top with Champagne Slow Cooked Berries or other fruit or toppings of choice. Dust generously with icing sugar. Serve hot.