2 large Pace Farm eggs
300ml buttermilk, plus some more as needed
20g golden caster sugar
Pinch Pink Salt Flakes
200g SR flour
30g butter, melted
Extra Virgin Olive Oil as needed for frying
- Place eggs, buttermilk, sugar and salt into large mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Fold in flour.
- Add melted butter and stir until well combined.
- Preheat a frying pan on a medium heat for at least 5 minutes.
- Drizzle or brush with EVOO and allow the oil to coat the pan completely.
- Scoop about 1/3 cup batter into the frying pan and cook on one side until bubbles arise to the surface. Flip and cook the other side.
- Serve warm with toppings of choice.
If batter becomes too thick to handle easily, add up to 50ml additional buttermilk and stir to combine before continuing to cook pikelets.