200g eggs (approx. 3 large)
Pinch pink salt flakes
200g plain flour
75ml iced water
Fat for cooking (duck, beef, EVOO)
1. Preheat oven to 220°C. Place a small amount of fat or oil in each hole of a 12 hole muffin tin. Set aside.
2.Place all ingredients except iced water into a food processor and blend until well combined and frothy.
3. Scrape down sides of bowl and lid and repeat. Allow batter to rest in the food processor at least 10 minutes.
4.Just prior to cooking add iced water and blend again.
5. When you are ready to cook the Yorkshire puddings, place the prepared muffin tin into the hot oven and allow the oil or fat to get to a very high temperature. It should be almost smoking.
6. Working quickly, take the pan out of the oven (and shut the door) and divide the batter between the muffin holes. You will have more than you need, but you should cook them only 12 at a time. Don’t fill past the half way mark on the tin. Return pan to the oven ASAP and allow them to cook for 15 minutes until puffed up and golden. Serve hot with lots of gravy.
7. Repeat with remaining batter, you will need to heat up the muffin tin with oil again.