back to recipes
Corn & zucchini fritters with poached eggs
- 1 medium zucchini, coarsely shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cobs corn, kernels cut off
- ⅓ cup yellow polenta
- ½ cup wholemeal flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Pace Farm eggs, beaten
- ⅓ cup plain yogurt
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 jar tomato relish
- Handful baby rocket leaves
- 8 Pace Farm eggs
- Mix the grated zucchini with salt in a bowl. Let stand for 15 minutes then rinse. Wrap zucchini in clean porous kitchen cloth, to squeeze out excess liquid.
- Heat oil in a fry pan, add onion and garlic, cook gently until soft, about 4 minutes. Add the corn, cook for a further 4 minutes.
- In a large bowl place polenta, flour, salt, baking powder and cheese. Mix well.
- Add cooked vegetables, beaten egg and yogurt to the bowl, mix well.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick fry pan over a medium heat. Measure out ⅓ cups of the mix into the pan. Cook until fritters are golden, 3 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towel.
- To make poached eggs, fill a shallow pan with hot water and two tablespoons of white vinegar. Bring to the boil, and then reduce to a simmer.
- Crack the egg into a little bowl first, and then when water is barely at a simmer, slide the eggs into the saucepan. Repeat for remaining eggs.
- Turn off the heat and cover the pan. Set a timer for 6 minutes.
- After 6 minutes remove eggs with a slotted spoon onto a paper towel to drain excess water.
- To serve, place poached eggs onto warm zucchini fritters along with rocket leaves and tomato relish.